The position is a full-time remote role for a Director of Business Development at Wheeler Bio. This is an exciting time for a seasoned business professional to further launch the Wheeler Bio translational business model. The primary objective is to reach and nurture a broader client base to share our enthusiasm in Wheeler’s ability to help pre-clinical and clinical clients advance their programs. The Director of Business Development will be responsible for identifying and pursuing new business opportunities, new lead generation, creating and executing program scopes of work and negotiating contracts to closure. This role requires demonstrated success working in the biopharmaceutical industry and a track record of growing a client base in a new region and closing deals to meet the business objectives.
- Proven track record in generating new leads by region and in advancing client discussions to proposal issuance, onsite visits and contract negotiation and closure.
- New Business Development, prospecting for new Lead Generation, networking in the biopharma industry, and business partnering skills are required for this role
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, an ability to ‘think on your feet’ at tradeshow events and during client site visits. An ability to consisely communicate the Wheeler Bio value proposition as a 1-2 min pitch and as a full hour presentation, depending on the audience.
- Ability to work independently and remotely, while being an active contributor to the overall commercial team. Ability to work with technical SMEs to gain sales support to emphasize our value to the customer.
- Experience in the biopharmaceutical industry is required, with a deep understanding of the drug development process from preclinical to clinical supply.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Life Sciences, or related field is preferred
- Experience in biologics manufacturing and/or drug discovery is a plus