Ten-Nine Technologies engages in research, development, and manufacturing of advanced battery materials in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Drawing on our company values of curiosity, generosity, and authenticity, the Ten-Nine Tech team is changing the world from the nanoscale up by thinking differently about the electroactive materials that power it.
The Head of Production is responsible for overseeing and managing the day-to-day operations of a chemical production facility. This role involves ensuring safety compliance, optimizing production processes, and maintaining a high standard of product quality.
- Implement and enforce safety protocols to ensure a secure working environment.
- Conduct regular safety audits and promote a safety-conscious culture among plant personnel.
Production Planning and Optimization
- Develop and implement production plans to meet production targets and customer demand.
- Continuously assess and optimize production processes for efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Establish and maintain stringent quality control measures to ensure products meet industry standards.
- Implement corrective actions to address deviations from quality specifications.
- Lead and supervise a team of production staff, providing guidance, training, and performance feedback.
- Foster a collaborative and positive work environment to maximize team productivity.
- Manage plant resources efficiently, including raw materials, equipment, and manpower.
- Collaborate with procurement to ensure a consistent supply chain.
- Stay abreast of and ensure compliance with industry regulations and environmental standards.
- Interface with regulatory agencies as needed, maintaining necessary permits and certifications.
- Develop and manage the plant budget, ensuring cost-effective operations.
- Identify opportunities for cost savings without compromising safety or product quality.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to enhance plant efficiency, reduce waste, and increase overall productivity.
- Implement best practices and stay informed about industry advancements.
Communication and Reporting
- Communicate regularly with upper management, providing updates on production performance, challenges, and strategic plans.
- Prepare and present reports on key performance indicators (KPIs) to demonstrate plant performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or a related field.
- Proven experience in managing chemical production operations, preferably in a managerial or supervisory role.
- Strong understanding of safety protocols, quality control, and regulatory compliance.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Effective communication skills for internal team collaboration and external stakeholder interactions.
- The role may require occasional work beyond standard business hours to address operational needs or emergencies.
- The work environment includes exposure to chemicals; adherence to safety protocols is paramount.
- The Chemical Production Plant Manager plays a critical role in ensuring the efficient, safe, and compliant operation of the chemical production plant. This position requires a strategic thinker with strong leadership skills and a thorough understanding of chemical manufacturing processes.
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Tulsa, OK: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)