SendaRide is dedicated to improving access for individuals and delivering transportation of the highest quality through a hybrid TNC/broker model. We pride ourselves on fostering strong relationships with our clients and consistently exceeding their expectations. We are currently seeking a highly skilled and experienced professional to join our executive leadership team as the Chief Compliance Officer and Vice President of Contracting and Quality Improvement.
As the Chief Compliance Officer and Vice President, you will play a critical role in overseeing and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, contractual obligations, and quality standards. Reporting directly to the CEO, you will lead a multifunctional team responsible for contracting and quality improvement initiatives. The CCO will also serve as the Company’s Privacy Officer.
The ideal candidate is a curious and proactive problem solver, adept at wearing multiple hats in a dynamic startup environment, with strong communication skills, a data-oriented mindset, a scrappy and creative approach, and a comfortability with the unknown, reflecting our startup ethos.
Full Time: Monday through Friday 9:00am to 6:00pm (EST)
- Develop and implement an effective compliance program to ensure adherence to all relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- Monitor and assess the organization’s compliance with internal policies and external regulations.
- Collaborate with legal, finance, and other departments to mitigate compliance risks.
- Oversee the negotiation, drafting, and management of all contracts to ensure alignment with business objectives and legal requirements.
- Work closely with legal counsel to review and update contractual agreements as needed.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key vendors and partners.
- Establish and oversee quality improvement programs to enhance operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify areas for improvement and implement best practices.
- Conduct regular audits and assessments to maintain high-quality standards.
- Provide leadership and oversight for legal matters, working closely with legal counsel to address legal challenges and ensure compliance.
- Collaborate with the legal team to review, draft, and negotiate legal agreements as necessary.
- Proven experience and success as compliance and/or regulatory leader
- Strong understanding of healthcare and/or ancillary services such as Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT)
- Strong understanding of industry regulations and compliance requirements.
- Excellent negotiation and contract management skills.
- Demonstrated leadership experience, including building and leading high-performing teams.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated with a results-oriented mindset
- Juris Doctor, licensed to practice in at least one state is required
- Current CHC, CHPC, or IAPP CIPP/US certification or ability to achieve at least one within six months of start date is required
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including SharePoint, Teams, and Excel
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and a fast-paced environment
- Organizational skills
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Experience in reporting, analytics, SmartSheet, HubSpot, and/or Power Bi a plus
PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION:
- Position may have access to Protected Health Information as part of their job and will be required to maintain HIPAA standards related to patient confidentiality