Firehawk Aerospace is looking for a dedicated and experienced Safety Engineer to support our mission of creating cutting-edge defense solutions while prioritizing safety and environmental responsibility. The Safety Engineer will play a crucial role in ensuring that Firehawk Aerospace maintains the highest standards of safety, health, and environmental protection throughout its operations.
- Safety Compliance: Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local safety regulations, as well as industry-specific standards and guidelines.
- Risk Assessment: Conduct thorough risk assessments of workplace environments, processes, and equipment to identify potential hazards and implement effective mitigation strategies.
- Emergency Response: Develop and implement emergency response plans, including fire, chemical spills, and other potential emergencies. Conduct drills and training to prepare employees.
- Environmental Management: Manage and oversee environmental compliance, including waste management, air quality, and water quality, to minimize the company’s environmental footprint.
- Health and Safety Policies: Develop and enforce health and safety policies and procedures, ensuring that employees are well-informed and compliant with safety guidelines.
- Incident Investigation: Investigate incidents, near misses, and accidents, providing comprehensive root cause analysis and recommending corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Safety Training: Coordinate and conduct safety training programs for employees, fostering a culture of safety and environmental responsibility.
- Regulatory Liaison: Serve as the primary point of contact for regulatory agencies, ensuring that Firehawk Aerospace maintains a positive relationship with relevant authorities.
- Continuous Improvement: Continuously assess and enhance EHS programs, incorporating industry best practices and emerging technologies to ensure the highest level of safety and environmental protection.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental engineering, Occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant EHS experience in a manufacturing, aerospace,or defense industry setting.
- Professional certifications (e.g., CSP, CIH, CHMM) are preferred.
- Strong knowledge of federal, state, and local EHS regulations and standards.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and lead by example.
- Familiarity with emergency response and incident investigation procedures.
- Knowledge of industry-specific safety standards is a plus.
- Comprehensive understanding of OSHA-1910
- Previous industry experience with OSHA-3912-03
- Previous industry experience with NFPA-484
If you are a dedicated EHS professional who is passionate about ensuring the safety of our workforce, protecting the environment, and driving continuous improvement, Firehawk Aerospace welcomes your application.