We are seeking a skilled and motivated Machinist I to join our growing team. As a Machinist I at Firehawk Aerospace, you will play a vital role in the production and precision machining of critical components for our rocket engines. Your expertise will directly contribute to our mission of delivering cutting-edge technology to enhance national defense and the future of space exploration.
- Machining: Operate and set up conventional and CNC machining equipment, such as lathes, mills, grinders, and other precision machines, to produce rocket engine components.
- Blueprint Interpretation: Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, and CAD models to ensure the accurate machining of components.
- Tool Selection: Select appropriate tools, materials, and cutting speeds for each machining operation, considering the unique requirements of aerospace components.
- Quality Control: Perform in-process and final inspections to verify the quality and dimensional accuracy of machined parts, making necessary adjustments to maintain precision.
- Safety: Adhere to and promote all safety protocols and guidelines to ensure a safe working environment.
- Maintenance: Perform routine maintenance on machining equipment and tools to ensure optimal performance and longevity.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate records of machining processes, including setup, tooling, and inspection data.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Technical training or certification in machining is preferred.
- Experience: Proven experience as a Machinist with at least 5 years in the profession. At least 10 years of experience in the aerospace or a related industry is preferred.
- Technical Skills:
- Proficiency in programming, setting up and operation of CNC Lathes and Mills.
- Proficiency in setting up and operating conventional lathes and mills.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and GD&T, engineering specifications, and written and verbal instructions.
- Working knowledge of shop mathematics and trigonometry.
- Familiarity with part inspection and associated metrology tools and processes. Experience with CMM programming and operation is a huge plus.
- Tool Knowledge:Familiarity with a variety of machining tools and equipment.
- Precision:A strong commitment to precision and quality in machining operations.
- Safety Conscious:Demonstrated commitment to safety practices and protocols.
- Team Player:Excellent teamwork and communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively in a multidisciplinary environment.