Produces precision optical components by grinding, polishing, test plating, beveling and cleaning glass and other optical materials.
• Independently performs complex custom setups and assists with design of tooling required for optical fabrication.
• Coaches and trains other journeyman opticians in classical optical fabrication techniques.
• Performs interferometric testing of optical surfaces.
• Interprets and evaluates optical component drawings and determines best processes and methods needed to meet drawing specifications.
• Maintains in-process specifications and controls and determines sequence of operations based on work instructions.
• Monitors manufacturing processes and works with engineering to evaluate and implement process improvements.
• Maintains a clean and orderly 6S workspace throughout Optics Fabrication.
• Ensures proper operation of equipment by performing scheduled preventative maintenance. • Enjoys participating in and building great teams to accomplish significant assignments.